Hello everyone!
Welcome to the first post for the 2012 Belize Study Tour!
I'm Chris Gillard, and I am the instructor for the 2012 Belize International Study Tour course at the University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus. Katie Hunter organized the last 2 tours, and did a phenomenal job! I would like to take a moment to thank Katie for her advice and support.
This is an exciting opportunity for agriculture and horticulture diploma students from Ridgetown Campus, to explore the economic, social, environmental and production issues in a country and a culture that is very different from Canada.
There are 8 students enrolled in the course. In addition, Les Frayne from the SHARE Foundation will coordinate the tour, and I will coordinate the student learning in our 'classroom'.
We will be exploring Mayan ruins and a botanical garden, the Belize zoo, a hot sauce factory, banana and spice farms as well as a cattle ranch and feed mill. There is also an opportunity to visit several Share Foundation projects such as rural students sponsored to attend high school and receive vocational training (http://www.shareagfoundation.org/projects/Education.html).
Our adventure begins on Sunday December 9th at Toronto's Pearson Airport. We return to 'our favorite frozen country up north' on Monday December 17.
Please bookmark this site and follow our progress! We will be updating the site every day with pictures and postings written by our students. There may be minor delays in posting, due to internet access so check often.
You can leave messages and comments on our blog - I will share them with everyone!!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment